What with Memorial Day coming on, I think it would be okay for me to get depressed. The trouble is I never got the hang of it. (Note to maker of Prozac: If you're countin' on me, better start looking into Chapter 11.)
My piece is going to be a little unweildy today because I don't have a beginning, a middle or an end in mind. I shall just bumbledick along.
Some more things about my favorite person (me):
62. My Dad took up bowling at the age of 67. Within months he was on a team, averaging 187. I said, "What's the secret?" He said, "I think my average would be higher if I tithed." I have always voted for my Dad.
63. 35-10-30-499. That was the draft card number I was given in 1948. Why I can remember that but none of the addresses of my former homes is beyond understanding. I got called up but deferred because I was in college (that was in the good old days when we could discriminate against poor people). Then I got deferments for being married, having a child, and getting to be overage. I always vote for beating the system.
64. I love Mexican food. So I really looked forward to getting together with an honorary niece down on the California-Mexico border. Her husband, a Mexican, drove us into Mexico to a Chinese food joint! He said Mexicans make lousy food. I love to get educated.
+ + + + + + + +
Yesterday I wrote about an aborted effort to Make My Pile by packaging "the sweet smell of a baby." Commenters had a field day:
Muzik Dude said: "I've been trying to reproduce scents like wet dog and low tide." (Dude is not interested in making money.)
Dave Morris said: "Imagine making your pile off of babies making theirs."
I have given it up. Instead, I am going to copywilburwright the word "package." Royalties will be immense.
+ + + + + + + +
Each week, my buddy Shane, the immensely clever Briton, provides astrological advice. You might like to know:
"Virgo. Enquire at your local grocery store about the range of pornography they'd stock for you.
"Aquarius. "Oil an actor's bicycle tyres and invite them to break a leg."
+ + + + + + + +
My favorite word today is nostrum. (no-strum) n. v. Southern Folk. When the banjo player declines to play.
+ + + + + + + +
Matey says:
The Lord loveth a cheerful giver. He also accepteth from a grouch.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2005
(328)
-
▼
May
(31)
- Flowering Plants Find a Hero
- Hoss, the Unmatched Matchmaker
- Things Are Always Slow on Sunday
- Boy Howdy, This Is Strange Stuff
- Paying for the Milky Way Trip
- Look Out Folks; She's Gonna Blow
- In Re: Hoss, Who Loves State Songs
- Hoss Gets Hit With Another Meme
- I Tell You About My Music, Not
- Hoss Brings You More Mate Stottos
- Good Lines and Motto Lines
- You Want Mottos? We Got Mottos
- Maxine Solves an Economic Conundrum
- A Bunch of Piss-Poor Writin'
- Hoss Is SO Interesting
- There Is Nothing Here About Anything
- Back in the Saddle Again
- Take a Minute to Vote for Alli
- Symbols of Oregon
- Inventions Wanted
- Can Ol' Hoss Get a Job?
- More of Many Things About Hoss
- Bigfoots: Mr. and Mrs. Everyman
- Punch Bowl Is Callin' My Name
- 'See Spot Run' and Other Books I Read
- Here Is Your Math Lesson
- Seeking the Fountain of Youngness
- I Think Ol' Hoss Is Getting Silly
- I Love Me Best of All
- The Women Are Picking on Me
- Giggling Permitted; Also Yawning
-
▼
May
(31)
Saturday, May 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment